At the July Sanctuary meeting, we watched a DVD from the series “If Only We Had Known”, which discusses how having someone in the family diagnosed with BPD affects all the members in the family,- parents, siblings etc.
We had an interesting discussion about
- how it affects you and your family and
- what you might be able to do to lessen the effects.
The importance of
- learning about bpd
- understanding the pain of bpd
- choosing to radically accept the symptoms
- validating the emotion, to help them calm down
- setting limits, especially for safety issues
More posts like this:
Browse our Website by Subject
This website is produced by members of the Sanctuary Support Group. We are not mental health professionals nor clinicians. We are ordinary people who care for someone with BPD. This website is a collection of information that we have found helpful or of interest in the context of our own lived experiences. The content of this website is not a substitute for independent professional advice, diagnosis or treatment.